About Me

My photo
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
I am an Australian that has lived in Edinburgh for 9 years now. I am married and have two stepsons and a daughter. I love crafting, especially papercrafts and I love trying new things. I look forward to meeting like minded people through this blog and sharing our love of all things crafty!

Saturday 16 April 2011

Head Down, Bottom Up!

Myself and a few other Stampin'up demonstrators are manning (or in our case "womanning"! lol!) a Stampin'up stand at the upcoming Sincerely Yours show in Edinburgh on the 30th April. So I am busy making samples to take along with us as well, as the other bits and pieces you need at an event like this. Thus the title "Head Down, Bottom Up!" as this is exactly what I should be doing right now, but I have a bad chest infection so I am struggling a bit, but this is what I have come up with so far............... This was the make and take that we made at the regional training day and uses the new Top Note die, large butterfly punch, ribbons, brads, gems and "Chocolate Chip" and "Pumpkin Pie" cardstock to create a business card folder.The next card I have made using the "Trendy Trees" stamp set and the "Stamp-a-ma-jig" in order to position the stamps accurately in this two-stamp techniqueI used "Old Olive" and "Chocolate Chip" Classic Inks to stamp this image and distress the edges, mounted it on "Old Olive" cardstock and popped it on a "Whisper White" notecard.
This card uses the colour combination of "Elegant Eggplant" and "Pumpkin Pie" in plain cardstock and patterned paper, tags and paper ribbon. I used the "Garden Whimsy" stamp set and created the subtle background by stamping the smaller butterfly in the same coloured ink as card. The tag was attached with dimensionals and a silver clip added to embellish.

This was another card that I made at the regional training day. This card used the new Stampin' Around wheel called the "Builder Wheel" in two of the three new patterns, "Candle Crazy" and "Birthday". It was stamped with "old Olive ink on "Whisper White" card and layered on "Melon Mambo" and "Night of Navy". it was embellished with a large buterfly punch, gems and ribbon.


Well, I am happy with what I have made so far but time is running out so I need to do what the label says and get into action. Thank goodness we have each other to help. I don't know how you would do it all by yourself! so, if you are in Edinburgh on the 30th April from 10am until 4:30 pm and looking for something to do why not come out to the Edinburgh Indoor Climbing Arena and say hi. I look forward to seeing you there and sharing the Stampin'up dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment