About Me

My photo
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
I am an Australian that has lived in Edinburgh for 9 years now. I am married and have two stepsons and a daughter. I love crafting, especially papercrafts and I love trying new things. I look forward to meeting like minded people through this blog and sharing our love of all things crafty!

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Artistic Etchings!

One of my favourite Stampin'Up stamp sets is the "Artistic Etchings" set. It is so versatile, and if you are like me and love all things vintage and grungy than this is the set for you!

This card was inspired by one I saw at regional training earlier in the year. I loved it so much that I wanted to try and create one in a similar style.

To make this card I used Basic Black cradstock for the card base and then layered a piece from the Designer Series Paper "Newsprint" which I stamped with the medallion stamp from the set in Basic Black and Real Red Classic Stamp Pads. I then stamped the medallion image again onto Whisper Whiter card in Real Red ink, stamped "Amour" on top of the bottom right medallion in Basic Black and matted it with Basic Black Card and adhered centrally to the card base with Snail adhesive. I stamped the Effiel Tower and Crown images in Basic Black onto Whisper White card and cut them out and adhered them to the card front as shown. I then embellished the card with Basic Rhinestones for some bling and Voila! A really classy card!

No comments:

Post a Comment